Sunday, July 9, 2023

TRUTH REQUIRES YOU STAND ALONE UNAFRAID

 TRUTH REQUIRES YOU STAND ALONE UNAFRAID

June 10,  2023


Rev. Michael Benson Ajayi 

 

 Isa 51:1-2 NKJV "Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness,

  You who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug.   Look to Abraham your father, And to Sarah who bore you; For I called him alone,And blessed him and increased him."

   There are  no two callings from the lord that are the same and responding to a divine calling requires going through great preparations. The magnitude of the assignment determines the duration of the preparation process and it has to be done alone. Abraham was alone when God gave him the assignment of starting the family of faith from where everyone that is saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ originates. It was an arduous task to embark on a journey of self actualization and faith while travelling through the desert with the attendant risks of death from heat and attacks from criminals. He did not allow any of such worries deter him; he was fully persuaded that He who had called him was able to keep him.

   The journey of the righteous often requires being alone and not many persons can endure the rigors of the waiting period. We should not be quick to conclude that being alone is an indication of not being blessed and called of God. That’s far from the truth .One with God is the majority .Sometimes it may require waiting longer than usual for the elements needed for one’s assignment to be in place. At such times we suffer abandonment but it is part of God’s plan for us . Jesus suffered the same    Luke 23:49 NIV  says “But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.” You may loss followers , friends , relations while waiting for the next instruction from God  .King David describes this in Ps 38:9-16 TLB  “ Lord, you know how I long for my health once more. You hear my every sigh.  My heart beats wildly, my strength fails, and I am going blind.  My loved ones and friends stay away, fearing my disease. Even my own family stands at a distance.  Meanwhile my enemies are trying to kill me. They plot my ruin and spend all their waking hours planning treachery…. For I am waiting for you, O Lord my God. ..” at the end he emerged victorious ,living a fulfilled life

      Part of Abraham’s long wait  for over 20 years was needed for Sarah’s growth in faith to receive the promised child Isaac  –the progenitor of those saved by grace (Heb.11:11) .God blessed and increased him in Isaiah51:2 .  Your long wait will result in testimonies of great victories and thanksgiving. Isa 49:8,16.19,23 NLT says "At just the right time, I will respond to you. On the day of salvation I will help you…See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Always in my mind… Even the most desolate parts of your abandoned land will soon be crowded with your people. Your enemies who enslaved you will be far away….Kings and queens will serve you and care for all your needs. They will bow to the earth before you and lick the dust from your feet. Then you will know that I am the Lord. Those who trust in me will never be put to shame."  You shall not be disgraced .

Prayer : Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Ghost and grace to turn my disappointments in to testimonies of overwhelming breakthroughs.

Free Prayer/counseling +2348098536911.+2348035536911 email:michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment