Tuesday, September 26, 2023

HAVING SINNERS IN ADMIRATION WEAKENS FAITH IN GOD

 You shall receive double  honour where you were once dishonoured because of the anointing of God's favour upon you.

Good-Life Devotional : 

HAVING SINNERS IN ADMIRATION WEAKENS FAITH IN GOD 

September 27, 2023

By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi 

But watch out, or you may be seduced by wealth. Don’t let yourself be bribed into sin. Job 36:18 NLT

   "You say he does not respond to sinners with anger and is not greatly concerned about wickedness. But you are talking nonsense, Job. You have spoken like a fool.”

Job 35:15‭-‬16 NLT

    The theology that says God is not interested in how you achieve success but what matters is that you succeed by all means possible and attribute your success to God with infinitesimal acts of charity through donations to preachers and orchestrated almsgiving as described in Job 35:15-16 is unwise and ungodly .

      The church is disparaged every time a christian is mentioned in any financial scandal . Praising persons with questionable sources of wealth  destroys work ethics especially among youths and destroys faith in God's law of gradual progress  . The bible says in Exodus 23: 30 "By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land." This is God's way of increasing his people. Overnight success is contrary to God's way of doing things . Unfortunately, it is the motivation behind modern church growth formula and that's why creators of ponzi schemes thrive more in such churches . 

  Unfortunately , get- rich- quick schemes are taught in many churches as an indication of God's favour. That is absolutely not true , the bible says "Greedy people try to get rich quick but don’t realize they’re headed for poverty." Proverbs 28:22 NLT and Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows over time."Proverbs 13:11 NLT

    King David for a moment began waning in faith because of his admiration for the prosperity of the wicked , he said  

   "But as for me, I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else. They wear pride like a jeweled necklace and clothe themselves with cruelty. These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! And so the people are dismayed and confused, drinking in all their words. Look at these wicked people— enjoying a life of ease while their riches multiply. Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason? I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain. Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked. Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction. In an instant they are destroyed, completely swept away by terrors. "Psalms 73:2‭-‬7‭, ‬10‭, ‬12‭-‬14‭, ‬17‭-‬19 NLT

   The wicked seem to be progressing faster but unknown to them , they are on an inclined plane . A vehicle tends to move faster when going downhill but slower when going uphill . The righteous are destined for the top of the mountain of glory that's why the journey is slow but certain . " ; let all who are helpless take heart. " Psalms 34:2 BLT

Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy ghost and power for sustainable progress in Jesus name. 

  +2348035536911 , +2348098536911 e-mail: michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment