Tuesday, August 25, 2026

WHY ARE YOU CAST DOWN, O MY SOUL?

 

The anointing of God's favour is healing you of every heartbreak and pain now.
Good -Life Devotional: WHY ARE YOU CAST DOWN, O MY SOUL?



By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi
Scripture Reading: Psalm 42:5–11
   The psalmist repeatedly asks, “Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God.” This passage is a powerful apologetic against the claim that faith in God means believers never experience fear, depression, discouragement, or emotional pain.    The Bible does not hide human suffering; rather, it reveals how faith responds to it.
   The writer of Psalm 42 felt overwhelmed. His tears had become his food, and enemies questioned him, saying, “Where is your God?” Yet his emotional condition did not become evidence that God had abandoned him. He spoke to his own soul and redirected his hope toward God. Faith is not pretending that pain does not exist; faith is refusing to let pain have the final word.
   Notice the psalmist's declaration: “Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him.” His circumstances had not yet changed, but his confidence was anchored in the character of God. This is the heart of biblical apologetics: Christianity does not deny the reality of suffering; it explains that suffering exists in a fallen world while God remains present, purposeful, and faithful.
   When doubts arise and your heart becomes troubled, remember God's past faithfulness. David said, “I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord” (Psalm 27:13). Jesus also promised, “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5).
   Speak to your soul today: Hope in God. Your present sorrow is not the end of your story. You shall yet praise Him!
PRAYER: Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as Lord and saviour and receive the Holy Spirit and power to heal the broken hearted .
+2348035536911 email michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com
Listen to Good-Life with Rev Michael on internet radio download Radio Nigeria app and search for Port Harcourt Garden city radio 89.9 FM  by 5:45 pm 1+GMT on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment