You shall not fall into the temptation that leads to poverty because of the anointing of God's favour upon you.
Good -Life Devotional: I HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOU
By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi
Bible Text: 2 Corinthians 7:16; 8:22
Memory Verse: “Therefore I rejoice that I have confidence in you in everything.” — 2 Corinthians 7:16 (AMP)
The Greek word translated “confidence” in 2 Corinthians 7:16 is related to πέποιθα (pepoitha), from peithō (G3982), meaning to be persuaded, convinced, trusting, or confident. Paul was persuaded that the Corinthians could respond positively to correction and demonstrate genuine spiritual progress.
This is remarkable because the Corinthian church had serious problems. There was sexual immorality involving a man and his stepmother (1 Corinthians 5:1), carnality and divisions (1 Corinthians 3:1–4), favoritism and personality-based divisions, and selfishness concerning financial participation in the work of ministry (2 Corinthians 8:10–12). Yet Paul did not abandon them. He taught them, rebuked them, corrected them, and trusted God to transform them.
God may also be saying through His servants: “I have confidence in you.” His confidence does not mean that you have never failed; it means He sees what His grace can produce when you receive correction and walk in obedience.
Proverbs 27:17 reminds us that iron sharpens iron. Hebrews 12:11 teaches that divine discipline eventually produces the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Philippians 1:6 assures us that God will complete the good work He has begun in us.
REFLECTION
Am I willing to receive godly correction and allow it to produce spiritual maturity in me?
PRAYER: Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive the Holy Spirit and power to overcome selfishness.
Father, thank You for believing in what Your grace can produce in me. Give me a humble heart that receives correction, abandons sin, and grows in obedience. Make me trustworthy in character, relationships, stewardship, and ministry. Let my life become evidence that Your grace transforms people. In Jesus Christ’s name, Amen.
+2348035536911 email michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com
Listen to Good-Life with Rev Michael on internet radio download Radio Nigeria app and search for Port Harcourt Garden city radio 89.9 FM by 5:45 pm 1+GMT on Tuesdays

No comments:
Post a Comment