Tuesday, June 25, 2024

SEPERATION FROM THE UNCLEAN

 You shall be saved from your distress because of the anointing of God's favour upon you.

Good -Life Devotional: 

SEPERATION FROM THE UNCLEAN 

By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi 

13/6/24 

Joshua 7:20-21 "And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:

  When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.'

  In Joshua 7: 1-26  the Israelites lost their battle against the smallest army because of an accursed thing in their midst . Until it was removed they kept failing. So it is with many Christians today , they are losing battles because of unclean things in their lives . Anything that connects you with your past life of sin is an accursed thing that you must let go to enjoy the fullness of God's grace . 

   Separation from the unclean is a recurring theme in the Bible, emphasizing spiritual purity and moral integrity. The concept is deeply rooted in both the Old and New Testaments, urging believers to distinguish themselves from ungodly influences.


In the Old Testament, God commands His people to maintain holiness. Leviticus 20:26 states, "You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own." This directive underscores the importance of distinguishing Israel from surrounding nations and their practices.


The New Testament reinforces this principle for Christians. 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 exhorts, "Therefore, come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you. And I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." This call to separation highlights the necessity for believers to avoid moral and spiritual contamination.


Moreover, 1 Peter 1:15-16 urges, "But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy.'" This passage encourages Christians to live lives that reflect God's holiness, maintaining purity in actions and relationships.


Ultimately, biblical separation from the unclean is about preserving one's faith and integrity in a world that often contradicts divine principles.

 Prayer: Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Spirit and power to live in righteousness. Amen 

+2348035536911, +2348098536911 , email:  michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment