Monday, August 5, 2024

BIBLICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LEADERSHIP FOR PEACE TO REIGN

 You are marked for extraordinary elevation because of the anointing of God's favour upon you.

Good -Life Devotional: BIBLICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LEADERSHIP FOR PEACE TO REIGN 

By Michael Benson Ajayi 

    King David emphasized various qualities and requirements for leadership. These are reflected in different parts of the Bible:


1. **Fear of God**:

   - "The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me; his word was on my tongue. The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me: ‘When one rules over people in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God, he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings grass from the earth.’" (2 Samuel 23:2-4)


2. **Justice and Righteousness**:

   - "He who rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God." (2 Samuel 23:3)


3. **Integrity and Uprightness**:

   - "May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you." (Psalm 25:21)


4. **Dependence on God**:

   - "But I trust in you, Lord; I say, ‘You are my God.’" (Psalm 31:14)


5. **Seeking God's Guidance**:

   - "Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths." (Psalm 25:4)


6. **Wisdom and Understanding**:

   - "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding." (Psalm 111:10)


7. **Obedience to God's Laws**:

   - "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night." (Psalm 1:1-2)


These qualities highlight the importance of a strong relationship with God, moral integrity, wisdom, and justice in leadership according to King David.

  We should demand that our pastors stop supporting ungodly leadership for it is a sin against God and pray for more participation in politics by godly people especially at the grassroot level . 

  PRAYER: Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Spirit and power to promote good governance.

+2348035536911, +2348098536911 email michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment